JUSTICE PROGRAMME (DISTANCE EDUCATION)-1
•Justice Distance Education Programme or shortly known as JDEP began the enrollment of its first students in academic year 2009-2010. The educational services in this programme is carried out by cooperative efforts of Vocational School of Justice and The Centre for Distance Education of Ankara University. The educational activities in this program is carried out via internet on the basis of distance education.
•Objective of the JDEP ise the same as the justice programme thus to educate qualified intermediary manpower needed in the legal services sector especially by various units of central organization of Ministry of Justice, various courts and other judicial authorities.
Program Learning Outcomes
• Know the general principles of law
• Knows the Constitution of Republic of Turkey, Turkish laws and regulations as wellas Turkish judicial system
• Has awereness about the hierarchy at office and prepares better office conditions
• Has the skills and knowledge on the use of F keyboard with ten fingers in an error-free and fast manner, has the Computer skills to make a website design.
• Carries out the filing work needed in the offices.
• Makes the process of all kinds of correspondence.
• Knows the use of national judiciary informatics system UYAP.
• Has a skill of generally accounting
• Takes responsibility and within the limits the powers granted executes the decisions taken.
• Identifies problems of Vocational studies associated with unforeseen situations and develops Capabilities to search a solution
• Thinks analyticallly and decides quickly for the solution of the problem.
• Learns the recent changes independently and shares his knowledge.
• knows the structure of Ministry of Justice and the protocol rules
• Reprsents his institution represent and can be an example to other employees
• Is conscious about his responsibilities and the requirements of vocational ethics.
• Knows the requirements of the Legal services, is conscious of his social responsibilities, vocational ethics, social security rights,
occupational safety, occupational health and environmental protection
• Follows, learns and develops the innovations in the field of Justice.
• Designs professions and practices to his colleagues and superiors, serves the people and groups, explains clearly teamwork act.
• Speaks Turkish properly with a correct pronounciation.
• Makes meetings and ceremonies and protocol arrangements concerning visits.
• Admission Requirements
• The student who want to enroll in this department, have to complete processes which determined by university’s academic and
judicial statute and have to achieve exams. The student who started his/her education in domestic or abroad, can make
application for lateral transfer. Acceptance of students are examine considering each student’s conditions and application’s
degree before season starting and evaluate peculiarly. Further introduction is present about entrance to university in Institute
• Graduation Requirements
• The students studying in this program are required to have a Cumulative Grade Points Average (Cum.GPA) of not less than
2.00/4.00 and have completed all the courses with at least a letter grade of C3/2.00 in the program in order to graduate. The
minimum number of ECTS credits required for graduation is 120. It is also mandatory for the students to complete their
compulsory internship in a specified duration and quality.
• Occupational Profile of Graduates
• Graduates who are entitled to work will be employed for different organizations within the Ministry of Justice such as Court
Houses, Public Prosecutor’s Offices, Execution Offices as ‘’chief clerk’’, ‘’assistant chief clerk’’ and ‘’recording clerk’’ and in jails as
‘’guardians’’. Graduates are also entitled to work for the private sector such as notary publics, trade registries, banks and
insurance companies as well as for law firms as qualified staff.
• Access to Further Studies
• Graduates are also entitled to register in the Department of Public Management of the Open Education Faculties within the
University of Anatolia to complete their undergraduate degree by taking the required courses. Additionally, graduates who like
to continue their higher education are also entitled to apply for undergraduate programs at Faculties of Law according to their
transfer exam score (DGS).
• Course Structure Diagram & ECTS Credits
• As shown in the bologna charts of Ankara University
Course Structure Diagram & ECTS Credits
1. Semester Elective Course List
2. Semester Elective Course List
3. Semester Elective Course List
4. Semester Elective Course List